Why was EDUin established?
- there is no organization that is focused on systematic propagation of education
– we want to provide the public with an overview of everything that is happening in education.
- the topic of education appears in the media time to time, but there is no regular, prompt and independent commenting on events in schools and education – therefore we want to bring such comments with the assistance of many experts.
- the public learns about education in a form which is difficult to understand – therefore we want to bring current issues and trends in education in a form that is comprehensible to non-professionals.
- there is a lot of interesting information among professionals which brings various perspectives on education, but the general public is not familiar with it – we want to disseminate such information and popularize the results of researches and studies.
- the politicians usually pay only marginal attention to the topic of education and do not feel the need to give it high priority – therefore we want to provide the public (voters) with unbiased information so that they can have an idea of what to demand from their representatives.
- there has been a reform of education at schools running for several years but it becomes apparent that its contents and goals are not fully understood – therefore we want to explain the nature of the changesin an easy manner and show examples of good practice that prove that “it works”.
- experience from other countries shows that the change leading to higher efficiency of the education system is possible but we have to give it some time and we must understand it – therefore we want to create opportunities for public dialogue on the issue of education. And finally, because education concerns us all.
What does EDUin deal with?
- we focus on education issues and our effort is to inform the public about everything that’s happening in education and is important
- we provide the general public with available information in an understandable and interesting way explaining how and why our schools are changing, how we all learn, not just our children.
- we connect experts from various fields who deal with the subject of education and human resource development and have inspiring ideas.
- we promote the results of researches and studies and introduce them to the general public in an engaging and comprehensible form.
Who collaborates with EDUin?
- people who are interested in the topic of education and they are not indifferent to what is happening in our education
- people who want to participate actively in changing the character of education and the school system
- experts from various fields ranging from education, psychology, media, sociology, PR to specialists in human resource development and company managers
- organizations that are interested in promoting common ideas
- volunteers who help with our projects
How does EDUin work?
- we are an independent organization promoting objectivity and openness
- our financial portfolio consists of multiple sources – grants, CSR, private donations, self-financing projects
- the core of the organization is a small team cooperating with local groups and individuals who take care of individual projects and activities
- we operate as a network not as a hierarchy
Where does EDUin carry out its activities?
- we operate in the media, on the Internet, through personal meetings
- we realize activities with partners who are interested in cooperation in places that can naturally become edu-centers (libraries, schools, cultural facilities, education centers, etc.)
Information brochure about EDUin (in Czech) can be downloaded HERE.
Activities and Projects
We follow current events connected to the school system and education and regularly comment on them. We publish news, press releases, write comments, contact the media, prepare multimedia messages. We strive to offer current information and balanced views. Our target groups are journalists who provide information services and the wider public, for whom we prepare various types of media messages, eg. a weekly newsletter called bEDUin.
Eduína is a prize. It was founded in 2013 and its aim is to reward innovative projects and approaches in education. It does not focus only on the sphere of formal education, it is possible to nominate any project or initiative that brings something new, but it has already proved successful functioning for at least a year. Prizes are announced in several categories. The first year rewarded projects in these categories: Prize of the Expert Jury, Price of Google for the Use of Technology in Education and Prize of the Public. The conditions and the results of the first year of the competition can be seen here (in Czech). Next year will be announced in June.
Project for schools and parents. Its purpose is to promote the development of good cooperation and communication between schools and students‘ parents and provide inspiration and examples of good practice from the field. EDUin grants “Parents Welcome” brand to schools meeting certain criteria and motivates them to continue working on this issue. More about the project, a map of participating schools and further information can be obtained here (in Czech).
Extra Class was a program for all schools in the country. Pupils from 7th to 9th grades of the schools involved had an opportunity to obtain a grant and create and implement their own project which would enrich the life of the local community and would have a positive impact on life in their village or town. With the help of their teacher (patron of the project), pupils design, plan and realize the project. The program had its own, completely original and well worked-out methodology for schools. More information about the program can be found here (in Czech). The Extra Class program ended in 2017.
Cities of Education
The project, which aims to improve the quality of education in the regions. We want to help the representatives of municipalities specify priorities in education and find a strategy to gradually implement them. We help with networking individual important representatives of various sectors and the development of local partnerships that should in a long-term horizon support setting educational strategy. The project focuses on the theme of education in the broadest sense (formal and informal) and uses all the mechanisms and institutions that are connected to education (schools, libraries, children and youth centers, theaters, educational organizations etc.). More information about the methodology of the project can be found here (in Czech).
What I Can Do
“What I Can Do” is an online application created for children, their parents and teachers, designed to monitor and record the development of the skills of a child. The most important goal is the positive motivation for further self-development. The main constituent is a portfolio, in which the „evidence“ of child’s performance in all areas is stored (i.e. from school and from the outside of the school). This evidence may take various forms: photos, videos, text documents, audio recordings, as well as a digital badge. The tool works with both self-assessment and planning. From the stored evidence the child can create selections for different occasions (eg. for grandparents, for entrance exams, etc.). The tool also includes a diagnostic module that by the means of a graph shows the evenness of personality development in eight monitored areas. More here (in Czech). Now the application What I Can Do is operated by Competence Centre . (in Czech)
The Czech Republic is Talking about Education
This campaign, which ran from January to June 2013, created opportunities for public debate on education in the Czech Republic. The purpose of the campaign was to encourage refining objectives of education in the Czech Republic and to set a greater stability of educational policy so that it would not change with every new minister of education. During the campaign there were various types of events (round tables, workshops, open events, information campaigns, etc.) for different target groups (general public, professionals, educators, politicians etc.). The highlight of the campaign should be a recommendation of appropriate measures communicated among politicians and the Ministry of Education.
“DVPP.info” is a web portal that maps the offer of various educators. Teachers have an opportunity to find events according to their own focus on this website. The portal is unique because it gathers the wide range of educational offer at one place. Now the web portal DVPP.info is operated by Wolters Kluwer.
Project’s goal was to support open education. That’s why we are running website www.otevrenevzdelavani.cz where are published news related to OER (open education resources), list of free of charge and open resources, calendar of relevant events and press releases popularizing this issue among journalists. We have initiated foundation of Alliance for open education http://otevrenevzdelavani.cz/
EDUpoint is place purported to meet and share innovative education ideas. Program is developed and provided in cooperation with Scout Institute in very heart of Prague, Old town square. Our common goal is to make time and space for personal meeting, workshops, lectures and through this events encourage innovations and networking. Together with regional partners we are successfully spreading concept of EDUpoints across towns in Czech Republic.
The official address of the company:
EDUin, o. p. s., EDUin, o. p. s., Bucharova 2928/14a, 158 00 Praha 5 – Stodůlky (The Czech Republic)
Contact address: EDUin, o. p. s., Staroměstské náměstí 4/1, 110 00 Praha 1 (The Czech Republic)
Contact e-mail: info (at) eduin.cz
The account number of the organization:
Fio banka: 2100235180/2010
Head of Communications
e-mail: radka.hrdinova (at) eduin.cz
GSM: +420 603 177 791